Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I never want to see you again

I know when you read that title it sounds so mean and ugly...but I mean every word of it! I am proud to report that I have lost 20 lbs with weight watchers since January!! YES that deserves 2 exclamations marks. And I am going to kiss the number on my scale that now reads "one hundred and eighty pounds" goodbye!! HHHmmmm I wrote the number out because I thought it'd make it look less daunty. That didn't work. It stinks to think I still weigh that much. Oh well, I am working on it...while workin it! HAHA.
I will not discredit my accomplishments thus far. Here's a brief recap- In October 2010 I weighed in at 208 lbs. Ok ok listen, I know weight is such a personal thing. Everybodys body is different. Some may look at that and think, "I'd love to weigh 208. And others may look at that and say "geeeze fatty" I look at it and say, "I am beautiful damnit. And I want to be healthy too." (This is what I tell myself whenever I step on the scale. Mostly because NO matter what that number is, I will not let it ruin my day) Plus sometimes crying is fun...sometimes not so much. I don't like to cry over my body. Whats the point, especially considering I have two daughters who are growing up in a world so consumed with body image, I refuse to let that matter in my home. Hopefully they will understand like I do, that we are daughters of God, so no matter what, we are beautiful. (Even if we do occassionally cuss)
I am feeling pretty good though. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. When I reach my goal weight I will post pictures....until then wait in pure anticipation!!! (oooh look at that 3 exclamation marks.)

2 comments:

Carol said...

Great job, Denise! You are awesome!

Chelsey said...

You go girl! That is awesome Denise! You look great!